I'll say it again..... WE LOVE HER to pieces! I've said it. We've said it. We are ALL IN. Our emotions cannot be caged or denied.
We cannot be guaranteed the outcome we want (adoption), but we hope and pray every day for The Lords Will in her life. For the result to be in her best interest. We've been told by caseworkers that they do not see her being reunited with her mom.
Now, this makes me both sad and glad.
At this point I have met the mom.
Let me go back.
I met the mother on her first visitation. I was so nervous. It was a new reality to me. This is the women who gave birth to her, who loves her and was doting all over her when I walked in. My heart sank and I left crying. Since then, I have gotten used to our 2 a week visits and the mother has been nothing but sweet and kind to me. However, there are reasons she cannot care for her child. I cannot explain it all. It is a long complicated story. BUT I Believe there is a beautiful story in the making, as well, for this little girl.
This is going to be a long process. We do not know what the outcome will be....we are encouraged each time we visit with the case workers that she may be forever ours but its just too early to tell.
So this is Foster Care. Its a hard, messy road but we forget all that when we see her face light up, when she giggles and laughs at us. Its all worth it!
No comments:
Post a Comment